GARDENS OF AUGUSTUS
The Gardens of Augustus, originally known by the name of Krupp Gardens, are Capri’s botanical gardens. In the early twentieth century it was established by the German industrialist Friedrich Alfred Krupp in order to build his mansion in Capri, being named Krupp Gardens. In 1918, the gardens were renamed “Gardens of Augustus“, the title they are known as today. The gardens are made of a number of ornamental plants and flowers such as geraniums, dahlias and brooms and are surrounded by the sea and high cliffs, offering panoramic views over the bay of Marina Piccola and the Faraglioni rocks.
Opening Hours: from 9:00 a.m. to 7:30 p.m. / from 09:00 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (during winter)
Entry Fee: €1 (from March 1st to November 15th).
Gardens of Augustus – Viia Matteotti, 80073 Capri, Italy.